Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Down day 2

Today was the most boring and mundane down day ever, which was amazing for my legs!

I hit the park and got all my chores out of the way. I washed my clothes in a sink, laid them out to dry, plugged in my bike lights and slept for 5 hours.

When I got up, I went to the bike shop to get new tires. While they were installing those I remembered my rear brake pads were totally gone and my chain was way stretched out. After those were replaced, I noticed my chain skipping on the rear cassette, which made sense with old worn gears and a new chain. So I had that replaced as well. It was cheap insurance at 25 bucks and I have to remember that in terms of mileage, these components have actually had a very long life now. As a touring cyclist I got free ice cream from the shop owner as well and we sat around and talked for a long time.

With my bike in great shape, I took advantage of the free afternoon to use the library computers for a bit and then go see Finding Dory at the local theatre. It was cute, but the real treat was 2 hours in the air conditioned theatre.

This evening I decided I had time to grab a beer at a bar in town. I got my drink and went outside, sitting down next to a random guy at the only empty table. That guy turned out to be Jasper from the Netherlands and he was soon joined by Lizzy. They were on a three month vacation visiting Mexico and all parts of America and it was delightful talking to them for an hour or so. When I was headed back to the park they offered to let me take a quick shower at their motel room, which was super awesome of them. It felt amazing as it's been a while since I've had a proper shower. We tried to take a selfie, but it got washed out by the light behind us, so no pictures for the day.

I'm back on the picnic bench where I slept the morning away and it's as comfortable as I remember! A nice boring day in the middle of this Wyoming adventure has been a much needed rest, but I'm ready to hit the road again tomorrow! G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment