Saturday, June 18, 2016

Down day 1

Mileage: Zero! !

Today was a very, very relaxing day, and pretty boring so I'll keep it short.

I spent an incredible morning snoozing and didn't officially get out of bed until around 11a. Desiree recommended a place called Fat Patties for lunch, so we went there and my day didn't even really start until noon.

From there I dropped off my bike at the local shop for some specific derailleur and front hub repairs and spent the afternoon in the library eating skittles while filling out a bunch of online forms applying for next year's financial aid at UVA. Exciting stuff right?

Around 4p I was getting bored and remembered that Desiree had recommended I check out a local swimming hole called the spillway. I texted her to ask where it was and she ended up driving me out there where we went swimming. On the way back we stopped at Murphysboro, the barbeque capital of Illinois and had some phenomenal baby back ribs.

Tonight I'm sleeping in a park, hobo style. I actually had a bunch of tinder offers for a shower and a floor to sleep on (good suggestion Jeph, that could be a solid strategy), but I want to get out early tomorrow without bothering anyone.

The mosquitos don't seem too bad yet. G'night!

1 comment: